Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The not so natural selection continues...

BOOKS! Books, books, books! What to bring, what will I read, and what do I hope I will read but know will ultimately end up balancing a wobbling chair come the end of this trip?

For sures:
- Pocket sized Spanish-English Dictionary
- Pocket sized New Testament Bible
- Lonely Planet guide book for the DR (Joe's got Haiti covered)
- Guide to birds of the West Indies
- Notebook

Mebbes:
- A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man (J Joyce). Have I finally grown into this book??
- Dust Tracks on a Road (ZN Hurston). Maybe this is simply because the "Dust Tracks" sounds like something I might encounter in the DR. Not the best reason for hauling a pound of deadweight for a month.
- The Odyssey. A likely pick.
- Naked Economics. This is a book my friend encouraged me to read, and when better than in a country whose economics are as naked as a newborn's?
- Daughter of Fortune (I Allende). House of the Spirits anyone? Isabel is a genius.

Off to finish what I started!
-Sara

No comments: