Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ew.

Both Joe and I have been felled by some mystery illness that has us vomiting and having diharrea (is that how you spell it?), with some side effects of mild hallucinations, chills, and headaches. Thankfully, it seems to be passing, but, the last two days have not been pleasant with the midnight motorcycle ride to the hospital (the only time in the DR when I felt like I was going to die... and not from the illness, but, from the motorcycle driver who almost tipped us over on a well-placed speedbump!!), a shot inserted in the rear end without even a word of warning, and more vomit in our shower, on our steps, outside the hotel than even after Harvard Yale.

We{ve slept night and day, and are finally able to drink down gatorade. Keep us in your thoughts as we experiment with choking down ritz crackers!

Huge thanks goes out to five people:
Mom and Dad... you guys were of course the first people I called, and thanks for checking up on us! Isn{t it funny how no matter what bad or good thing happens, my first instinct is to tell you two?

Philip... always awesome, and though your advice didn{t help at all lol, it was still reassuring to hear from my big bro.

The Seabass... I forgot to tell you, but the medication that you told us under no circumstances to take was the very same that both the nurse and the pharmacist perscribed us! We would be so lost without you.

and, of course, the Joe. Always looking out for me, the one to get out in the rain to call a motorcycle taxi, the one who held my hand when I was vomiting and crying outside the hospital, and the one who insisted on being the one to get medicine (unfortunately, mid declaration, he had to run to the bathroom, but, it was a great speech nonetheless), Joe has always been the most perfect friend and devout gentleman.

No comments: