Thursday, August 30, 2007

Great Success!

I am currently typing in an internet cafe in Pedernales, RD!! (Republica Dominicana). 6 volunteers and I arrived yesterday to Santo Domingo, the capital, and we have been busy... sleeping in the car. It was a 6 hour trip from SD to Pedernales, and 30 minutes from Pedernales to Las Mercedes. From Las Mercedes, it was another trip to El Mogote where the school is.

The power just went out... nope, now it{s back on... and now it{s out again.

Oh DR!

I just wanted to say that we all made it safely )although Jenny, John, Sebastian, linda, and joe almost didn{t make the plane) and though we{re dirty, we{re happy! I{m so excited for what this trip has in store, and we have a fabulous group of volunteers so we{re all set Ñ=? That was supposed to be a smiley face, but, I haven{t quite mastered this spanish keyboard yet...

Sara

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hey! I am so glad to hear you all made it safe! Sounds like a crazy trip, but you got there and thats what counts. Be safe and enjoy yourselves!
Jon